PEFC UK Ltd is responsible for:
- Managing the UK forest certification system to meet the endorsement requirements of PEFC International.
- Developing and reviewing the design of the UK forest certification system with a view to continuous improvement.
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the rules and requirements for participation in the UK forest certification system by certification applicants, with particular reference to the requirements and conditions set out by PEFC International.
- Promoting the use and credibility of the UK forest certification system and ensuring its accessibility to the forest industry and all interested stakeholders.
- Helping to promote the UK Woodland Assurance Standard, as the national certification standard for Sustainable Forest Management in the UK.
- Participating in the development, monitoring and review of the UK Woodland Assurance Standard.
- Issuing and updating of all documentation relating to administration and implementation of the UK forest certification system.
- Setting and reviewing the eligibility criteria for certification bodies wishing to carry out third party audits under the UK forest certification system.
- Maintaining a register of Accredited and Notified Certification Bodies and monitoring these bodies to ensure continued compliance with eligibility criteria.
- Establishing and maintaining records of all forest areas / organisations / enterprises certified under the UK forest certification system and certified for Chain of Custody.
- Resolving appeals, complaints and disputes arising out of the operation of the UK forest certification system that
- cannot otherwise be resolved between the Certification Body and the auditee or the UKWAS Interpretation Panel, or that
- arise out of the issue, suspension or withdrawal of a license to use a product label issued by a third party.
- Setting, collection and review of all legitimate costs / fees associated with participation in the UK forest certification system by certification applicants.
- Licensing and control of the use of any logos, claims and labels used in association with the UK forest certification system.
For detailed information regarding this certification, please follow the link below: