At Artisan Timber & Flooring Ltd we are committed to the regeneration and responsible management of the World’s forests.
In accordance with current environmental concerns we endeavor to responsibly source our exotic hardwood flooring and hardwood decking species (such as Iroko, Wenge, Jatoba) and are ‘proud to be certified by the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) and PEFC™ (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes), showing that we comply with the highest social and environmental standards on the market.
By choosing to buy responsibly sourced wooden products we can help to:
- Lock away carbon in a product that has a long life and is completely recyclable.
- Ensure that forests are still there for future generations.
- Help other species by responsible management of their environment.
The FSC runs a global forest certification system with two key components: Forest Management and Chain of Custody certification. This system allows consumers to identify, purchase and use timber and forest products produced from well-managed forests and other controlled sources.
- You can buy wood products, from all types of forest, with a clear conscience when you see the FSC logo. FSC certified forests are managed with consideration for people, wildlife and the environment.
- The FSC label guarantees that the trees that are harvested are replaced or allowed to regenerate naturally.
- Parts of the forest are protected entirely, in order to protect rare animals and plants.
- FSC protects the rights of indigenous people to use the forest. If they have sacred sites in the forest these are exempt from felling.
- The forest owner must use local workers to run the forest, and provide training, safety equipment and a decent salary. The forest owner is often obliged to support the community in other ways, such as through the development of schools.
- FSC is a market-based initiative which also ensures better conditions for the forest and the people whose livelihoods depend on it.
- FSC gives an assurance that future generations will be able to enjoy the benefits of the forest.
- All the wood is tracked from the forest to the store. Every link between the forest and the consumer is certified to make it clearly identifiable which wood is FSC certified and which is not.
- FSC is the only wood certification scheme endorsed by the major environmental charities, including WWF, Greenpeace and The Woodland Trust.
PEFC UK Ltd was established in 2000 and is
- PEFC International is an umbrella
organisationthat endorses national forest certification systems developed through multi-stakeholder processes and tailored to local priorities and conditions.
- PEFC works throughout the entire forest supply chain to promote good practice in the forest.
- PEFC ensures that timber and non-timber forest products are produced with respect for the highest ecological, social and ethical standards.
- Thanks to
PEFC’s eco-label, customers and consumers are able to identify products from sustainably managed forests.
- PEFC resolves appeals, complaints and disputes arising out of the operation of the UK forest certification system that cannot otherwise be resolved between the Certification Body and the auditee or that arise out of the issue, suspension or withdrawal of a license to use a product label issued by a third party.
Visit Our Showroom To See Real Wood Samples
& Get Expert Advice!
Our Buckinghamshire based showroom is fully stocked with over 300 samples in various sizes of wood flooring that we supply and fit. We are open 6 days a week. Please scroll to the bottom of the page to see our opening times.